THE DISCOVERY CUP
October 12-14, 2013
Featuring 22 state-of-the-art fields at the Maryland SoccerPlex
The tournament is open to League and Premier teams only. RECREATIONAL TEAMS AND PLAYERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. Acceptance will based on Division Level (i.e., D1), Tournament Results, State Cup Results, Geographic Location and if necessary, timeliness of application and payment.
USYS Sanctioned Tournament - The DISCOVERY CUP is a USYS-sanctioned tournament through the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA). All teams must be affiliated with either USYS or US Club Soccer and must be in good standing. Age Group divisions are for the 2013/14 seasonal year.
US Club Soccer - US Club Soccer teams are invited to apply.
Application and Fees - a separate online application for each team must be submitted by August 24, 2013 along with full payment. Entry fees are:
- $695 for U10 (7v7)
- $740 for U11-12 (8v8)
- $900 for U12 (11v11) - U16
- $925 for U17-U19
Fees may be paid online with MasterCard or VISA. FEES MUST ACCOMPANY APPLICATION!
An administrative fee of $50.00 will be charged to teams withdrawing prior to acceptance. Teams withdrawing after acceptance will not receive a refund.
Notice of acceptance and non-acceptance will be sent on or about September 14, 2013.
Tournament Cancellation Policy - In the event the entire tournament is cancelled, the tournament’s policy is to refund entry fees after all incurred costs are covered.
- U10 (7v7), maximum of 14 players
- U11-U12 (8v8), maximum of 14 players
- U12-13 (11v11), maximum of 18 players
- U14-19, maximum of 22 players
Guest Player Policy
- No more than 5 guest players per team
- All teams are guaranteed 3 games. Championship games are played. Qualifying matches will be played on Saturday and Sunday. Some age groups may have games on Monday. Individual player trophies will be presented to all champions and finalists.
- All games shall be played in accordance with FIFA Laws, except as specifically modified by Tournament Rules
- A complete set of rules is posted on the tournament website
- USSF three man referee system will be used for all U12 through U19 games (11v11 format)
- One referee will be used for U10-12 (7v7 and 8v8 format)
- Team registration will be held via email or at the Maryland SoccerPlex. Teams will be provided with either option
- Certified 2013/2014 rosters, player passes, NON-notarized medical release forms and Maryland SoccerPlex waivers will be checked/collected at this time.
- Permission to Travel forms will also be checked (please check with your state association for requirements).
- All players must have a player pass for 2013/2014 approved by a duly authorized registrar of their state association or US Club Soccer.
- Teams may NOT co-mingle USYS or US Club Soccer passes
Hotel Accommodations - Out-of-state teams requiring overnight hotel accommodations are required to make their reservations thru the Conference and Visitors Bureau of Montgomery County. This will ensure that teams receive the highest quality service during the tournament. Please go to the link on the tournament website to make reservations.